Northwestern Regional Housing Authority

The future belongs to those who see possibilities before they become obvious

Do I have to be a US citizen to be eligible for public housing or Section 8?

Families are eligible to participate in the public housing or Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher programs as long as at least one member is a US citizen or eligible immigrant. Families that include both eligible and ineligible members are referred to as "mixed," and their assistance will be prorated to cover only the eligible members.


869 Highway 105 Extension
Suites 10 & 11
PO Box 2510
Boone, North Carolina 28607


Phone: 828-264-6683
Fax: 828-264-0272

Equal Housing Opportunity